Server time

Ask questions about dedicated servers here and we and other users will do our best to answer them. Please also refer to the self-help section for tutorials and answers to the most commonly asked questions.
purebattlefield
A semi-regular
A semi-regular
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Server time

Post by purebattlefield »

Hey all. Just got a Win 2012 VDS.

I set the time to be Pacific time (-2 hours, and the server is located in Chicago) from the NFO web control panel. It doesn't seem to have affected the server time, though. The server clock is 2h 50m ahead of Pacific Time despite the NFO control panel setting.

I also tried changing the time directly on the virtual machine itself, by double-clicking on the clock in the system tray. But after a reboot, it reset itself to the same incorrect time.

What is it that's resetting the time and how do I fix it?

Thanks,
James
ImageImage
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Re: Server time

Post by Edge100x »

Adjusting through the control panel should work, but you need to restart the VDS through that same "Server control" page for the change to take effect. Rebooting from inside the VDS will not apply it.

I also recommend using the Windows time sync feature to keep your clock in sync. You can find this by clicking on the clock in the lower-right-hand corner of the desktop, clicking "Change time and date settings.." and visiting the "Internet Time" page. Usually, you can use the default of time.windows.com, but you can try one of the others if it's not responding, or use bigben.cac.washington.edu.
purebattlefield
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Re: Server time

Post by purebattlefield »

Cool, thanks John.
ImageImage