Server Crash On Map Change

Ask questions about dedicated servers here and we and other users will do our best to answer them. Please also refer to the self-help section for tutorials and answers to the most commonly asked questions.
NukaColaBomb
A semi-regular
A semi-regular
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Server Crash On Map Change

Post by NukaColaBomb »

Hello, I seem to be having a recent and serious issue with my server. Upon the Team Fortress 2 update on 10/17, every time my server changes map it crashes. This is not being caused by an outdated sourcemod, Metamod, SDKHooks, or plugins. I have attempted to run the server with no plugins once-so-ever, but upon map change I am presented with a crash. This may be directly related to the issue I have with HLDS updater, it is possible my server is not fully updated, as I update weirdly. Upon using HLDS Update Tool, it creates a folder called "tf" with Orangebox and HL2 inside of it. Issue being, the "tf" folder is actually inside the orangebox folder, so I can never actually get it to automatically update, because no matter where I set it, it will create an incorrect folder or add a folder to a wrong location. Instead, I have been allowing it to update, and then I move the files to the appropriate places. I attempted this twice, so I assume it did fully update at one point. Although, it is a possibility something went wrong. Any help you could appreciate would be great, thanks!

(Side Note: The HLDS Updater issue is not really something that bugs me, just the fact that my server crashes on map change.)
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Re: Server Crash On Map Change

Post by Edge100x »

What directory structure are you using, and what is the full command line for the hldsupdatetool invocation?
NukaColaBomb
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Re: Server Crash On Map Change

Post by NukaColaBomb »

I believe after actually taking some more time into it that I managed to fix that issue, however my directory structure is: C:\Game installs\sourcebase\orangebox

So, taking into account that everything should be fully updated now, the server map crash gives an error notice whenever the crash happens:

(**********'s TF2 Server: srcds.exe - Application Error

The exception unknown software exception (0xc0000005) occurred in the application at location 0x0f211798. Click on OK to terminate the program