gameserver auto restart

Ask questions about dedicated servers here and we and other users will do our best to answer them. Please also refer to the self-help section for tutorials and answers to the most commonly asked questions.
soulseka
A regular
A regular
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

gameserver auto restart

Post by soulseka »

I was wondering if there was a way to have my game servers automatically restart when/if it crashes. I currently run my servers via a desktop shortcut with the parameters i want in the shortcut. I tried running a bat file that i found on google to restart it when it closes down but i get an error says that:'haloded.exe' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

This is what i currently have in the bat file:
@echo off
:return
haloded - Shortcut.lnk
goto return

Also how would i get my gameservers to run as a service instead of an application(i want it to show up in task manager but not on the servers desktop). Also what is the best way to run the servers application or service?
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Re: gameserver auto restart

Post by Edge100x »

If you'd like to use a batch file, it would be best to have it include the exact commands that you use to run the server by hand -- "cd\wherever" followed by "haloded.exe ..." most likely. The one that you showed seems to be trying to use a shortcut, which is not ideal.

In terms of system services, the standard is Firedaemon. It's pretty feature-rich and easy-to-use, but not free. You could also take a look at NSSM if you need a free tool.
soulseka
A regular
A regular

Post by soulseka »

Alright i went to nssm.cc website and clicked on downloads but when i try to start the program up it immediately closes back down before i can even read what happened.
hiimcody1
Staff
Staff

Post by hiimcody1 »

You may see further output if you run it from a command prompt. The usage for NSSM is also discussed in more detail in its documentation here: http://nssm.cc/usage
.=QUACK=.Major.Pain
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by .=QUACK=.Major.Pain »

You can also use Gamecreate.
It's free and it will install the games for you and allow multiple server installs.

We first started with this, but eventually moved over to the free version of UGCC.

Then we purchased a license for $25/year.
Not a bad price.
Visit gspreviews.com And Rate & Review Your Old & Current GSP's
Find Your GSP Coupons at gspreviews.com/coupons/
soulseka
A regular
A regular

Post by soulseka »

Well i decided to go ahead and go with firedaemon but i seem to be having issues with my halo server and it. Before firedaemon the halo server were very stable but now it says they are up for about 12 hours then i think they crash or something this is the error i get in my event viewer:

- System

- Provider

[ Name] HDS1

- EventID 106

[ Qualifiers] 0

Level 2

Task 0

Keywords 0x80000000000000

- TimeCreated

[ SystemTime] 2012-11-18T13:23:42.000000000Z

EventRecordID 2382

Channel Application