INIT: Id "co" respawning too fast: disabled for 5 minutes

Ask questions about dedicated servers here and we and other users will do our best to answer them. Please also refer to the self-help section for tutorials and answers to the most commonly asked questions.
Gallomimia
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Post by Gallomimia »

So I looked at my VNC virtual console tonight and found this message spammed on every line:

Code: Select all

I googled it and it said it's related to the serial console, and also that it might be related to the way XEN deals with consoles. That's the thing I'm looking at my server thru right this second right?

Well, first the only info I found was how to disable this service. Sounds like something I don't actually want to do.

I wonder what you guys know about it, what it means, whether its related to the recent XEN update, how to stop the console spam, and so on.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Re: INIT: Id "co" respawning too fast: disabled for 5 minute

Post by Edge100x »

Yes, that is related to the domU inappropriately trying to spawn a virtualized Xen console that it can't create. You can safely ignore it, or if it's really bothering you, you can comment out the line in "/etc/inittab" containing the text "hvc0".

I recommend that you administer your server through SSH, as it is much faster and more flexible than the VNC console.