Music Ratio Stream?

Ask questions about dedicated servers here and we and other users will do our best to answer them. Please also refer to the self-help section for tutorials and answers to the most commonly asked questions.
dangioffre
A regular
A regular
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Music Ratio Stream?

Post by dangioffre »

Has anyone done this? I want to start one for my community. What program would you guys say I should use?
hiimcody1
Staff
Staff

Re: Music Ratio Stream?

Post by hiimcody1 »

I just run a shoutcast server on my VDS and have it set to not report to the public list.

Then I just connect with my music player / mic whenever I want to broadcast.
dangioffre
A regular
A regular

Post by dangioffre »

Using winamp? Right now I am running winamp and streaming it to a company host. I just add the IP and Password into my winamp
hiimcody1
Staff
Staff

Post by hiimcody1 »

I use a different program, but yes, that's essentially the same concept.

If you wanted to run one 24/7 without having to use your computer, you could set something up with virtual audio cable on a VDS.
dangioffre
A regular
A regular

Post by dangioffre »

How would I start that virtual audio cable? Would that allow me to talk to people?

I see winamp takes up a lot of bandwidth. Anyway to cut down on that? Thanks for the help. :)
hiimcody1
Staff
Staff

Post by hiimcody1 »

Virtual audio cable would allow you to mix multiple inputs into one stream, but it costs money.

There are DJing programs out there too, but I can't for the life of me think of any off the top of my head. They make free versions of them too, so that may be a better approach than Virtual Audio Cable.

As far as cutting down on bandwidth with Winamp, you could lower your bitrate you encode at. Do something like 96 or 64.
dangioffre
A regular
A regular

Post by dangioffre »

AWesome. THanks for the info. and I just seen that I put Ratio and not radio .lol