Redirecting TCP Minecraft traffic

Ask questions about dedicated servers here and we and other users will do our best to answer them. Please also refer to the self-help section for tutorials and answers to the most commonly asked questions.
iphonetips1
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Redirecting TCP Minecraft traffic

Post by iphonetips1 »

Hey, so what im doing on my VPS is that i have centos 6, and i have followed this tutorial http://wiki.buyvm.net/doku.php/redirect_traffic
and installed redir which transfers all traffic from the VPS ip to the destination server, which is where the minecraft server is hosted, im using this as protection for my minecraft server.

ok so hears the problem, when i try to connect to the ip for the VPS to connect to the minecraft server, it says logging in on minecraft, but it always comes up as end of stream or connection reset, and even when on my minecraft list it says "Communication Error" so there is some data going between the VPS and the destination server. But i dont know the issue, can i have any help at all please :) Thanks
TimeX
Staff
Staff

Re: Redirecting TCP Minecraft traffic

Post by TimeX »

Have you tried connecting to the Minecraft server directly to see if it shows the same problem? It may be the Minecraft server itself having a problem and not the link between it and the VDS.
TimeX
iphonetips1
New to forums
New to forums

Post by iphonetips1 »

nope connection to the minecraft server is fine :) thanks for the comment though, could it be something i have to whitelist on the destination server ?
TimeX
Staff
Staff

Post by TimeX »

In that case, I am not sure. Someone more familiar with your setup will need to step in here and offer their advice.
TimeX