steamCMD

Ask questions about dedicated servers here and we and other users will do our best to answer them. Please also refer to the self-help section for tutorials and answers to the most commonly asked questions.
dangioffre
A regular
A regular
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

steamCMD

Post by dangioffre »

For some reason I typed in "force_install_dir C:\Arma3" but it dont do anything. I am following the steps below.

Download SteamCMD From Valve here.

Launch SteamCMD. At its prompt, log in with your Steam account:

login username password.

SteamCMD may require you to enter a SteamGuard code to proceed. If so, check your email and enter the code.

Once logged in, you will need to direct Steam on where to install the files. A good default would be C:\Arma3.

force_install_dir C:\Arma3
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Re: steamCMD

Post by kraze »

dangioffre wrote:For some reason I typed in "force_install_dir C:\Arma3" but it dont do anything. I am following the steps below.

Download SteamCMD From Valve here.

Launch SteamCMD. At its prompt, log in with your Steam account:

login username password.

SteamCMD may require you to enter a SteamGuard code to proceed. If so, check your email and enter the code.

Once logged in, you will need to direct Steam on where to install the files. A good default would be C:\Arma3.

force_install_dir C:\Arma3

What are you doing after that? All that command does is tell it where to place the files when you execute app_update XXX validate..etc
@Kraze^NFo> Juski has a very valid point
@Juski> Got my new signature, thanks!
@Kraze^NFo> Out of context!
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
@Juski> You said I had a valid point! You can't take it back now! It's out there!
dangioffre
A regular
A regular

Re: steamCMD

Post by dangioffre »

I got it working. Thanks. putting in the wrong code when doing the app_update.