TS3 Firewall Best Configuration?

Ask questions about dedicated servers here and we and other users will do our best to answer them. Please also refer to the self-help section for tutorials and answers to the most commonly asked questions.
skinhead
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

TS3 Firewall Best Configuration?

Post by skinhead »

Hello,

I would like to know if someone know the best firewall configuration to put on a VPS with TS3 Server.

Thank You.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Re: TS3 Firewall Best Configuration?

Post by Edge100x »

I generally don't recommend using a firewall, in favor of following solid security practices (http://www.nfoservers.com/forums/viewto ... =46&t=4746). If you do choose to use a firewall, make sure that it allows establishing outbound TCP connections; TCP traffic to and from the three ports your TS3 service is bound to; management connections for you to access the server (RDP/SSH); and traffic from the remote DNS server (generally 8.8.8.8 ) on port 53.
skinhead
New to forums
New to forums

Post by skinhead »

Hm, Thanks edge! And congratulation for the fine company you have here! By the way if you can give this info what was the biggest attack that you ever taken? I had one yesterday of 40MBPS/s.
soja
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by soja »

I can't speak for john, but he has mentioned attacks up to 40Gbit(against camfrog users or something).

EDIT: Also make sure to have the most recent version of TS3 server. In the last version or so they fixed a (D)Dos exploit that caused the ts3 program to use 100% CPU.
Not a NFO employee
skinhead
New to forums
New to forums

Post by skinhead »

Yes we have the latest version, i think 40GB is almost impossible
soja
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by soja »

Not at all, a botnet of ~40 servers or hundreds of infected computers can certainly exist. Sure it is probably rare to come by, and someone who has that kind of attack potential probably has better things to do than ddos game servers, but it is by no means impossible.
Not a NFO employee
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

We've certainly seen attacks over 40 Gbps.