Server not showing up on master server list or game-monitor?

Ask questions about dedicated servers here and we and other users will do our best to answer them. Please also refer to the self-help section for tutorials and answers to the most commonly asked questions.
evil_master
A regular
A regular
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Re: Server not showing up on master server list or game-moni

Post by evil_master »

I do not know much about counter strike as I run the tfc community, while I understand that people are against nosteam, its hard to keep out of it as nosteam contributes for around 70% of all traffic in (most) goldsrc games, a pretty good reason to start making your favorite source games f2p with a cash shop, but that's a rant for another time..

by the sounds of it, your base install is fully up to date, but the mod itself is not, while I am not familiar with cstrike, I would try the following:
login anonymous
force_install_dir C:\my_cs_server
app_set_config 90 mod cstrike
app_update 90 validate
exit
Let me know if this works, if it does not, I can give you my test server files as I have started up a cstrike server (because steamcmd likes to download an extra 200mb+ for my 95mb game, in case I want to run a cs server) and I do not recieve the out of date error.

this is what my install script runs.
C:\Game installs\steamcmd.exe +login anonymous +force_install_dir c:\tfc\test +app_set_config 90 mod tfc +app_update 90 validate +exit
PS: Soja, I do not know your stance on steam vs nosteam, however as someone who understands why nosteam is 'popular' I have found it useful to have a different username on those forums, so that its not as easy to tell that I am openly supporting nosteam elsewhere. I don't really care about the steam vs nosteam debate, I simply wish for these games to stay alive as long as they possibly can.
soja
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Re: Server not showing up on master server list or game-moni

Post by soja »

App_update 10 in the same folder ad you did app_update 90 will update your strike files as well. Make sure you have deleted the files from the hldsupdatetool
Not a NFO employee