Maximum Connections

Connect with other users about what to run on your webhosting (and how to run it) here.
friagram
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Maximum Connections

Post by friagram »

Hi, we've been paying for the 100 connection limit web hosting plan for quite some while now, but still have problems with clients not getting served pages. Our administration panel reflects this connection limit.
I looked at the our vhost conf file, and it says:

Code: Select all

<IfModule mpm_itk_module>
    AssignUserID xxx ftp
    MaxClientsVHost 50
  </IfModule>
  <IfModule mod_bw.c>
    BandWidthModule On
    ForceBandWidthModule On
    LargeFileLimit * 200000 50000
    BandWidth all 0
      MaxConnection all 50
  </IfModule>
I contacted support, and they didn't understand the settings or how webhosting configuration works, suggested that the settings may apply on apache child processes (more being instanced on different plans), and directed me here. I was under the assumption that these settings would still be limiting the vhost to 50 connections. Other vhost configs look like this:

Code: Select all

<IfModule mpm_itk_module>
    AssignUserID xxx ftp
    MaxClientsVHost 100
  </IfModule>
  <IfModule mod_bw.c>
    BandWidthModule On
    ForceBandWidthModule On
    LargeFileLimit * 200000 50000
    BandWidth all 0
      MaxConnection all 100
  </IfModule>
Our conf file dates around mid 2012... Is it that these settings are incorrect, and have just never been updated properly?
rd1981
A regular
A regular

Re: Maximum Connections

Post by rd1981 »

http://opstonline.com/theoutpost5.png I have been paying for 100 also but its only 50 it appears if you upgrade it never upgrades if you start with higher slots to begin with your good.
soja
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by soja »

John sets up the web hosting and he would be able to give you a concrete answer. As this is an issue with a NFO service I would think they needed to escalate you to John so he can give you an answer in a ticket.

Now that I check the file I also see an apparent 50 connection limit, and we pay for the 100 plan. Hope John can clear this up :D

Not a NFO employee
friagram
New to forums
New to forums

Post by friagram »

This probably affects a lot of users, and probably has for a long time.
We upgraded over a year ago to try to fix issues with pages not getting served to clients, but it still seemes to happen quite frequently when we are at or near capacity, which is exactly what we were trying to prevent.
I'm guessing that it only creates the config the first time you order, and then uses that forever.. regardless of upgrades/downgardes. So people who pay for 100/200 are only getting 50, and people who started with 100 or 200 and then dropped down to 50 are still getting the 100/200.
soja
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by soja »

Yeah my files last modified was the day I ordered the package, and I believe we started with the 50 connection limit back then.
Not a NFO employee
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

This is something that would be customer-specific and which I would need to investigate. When the request came in last night about it, I told the staff to assign it to me so that I could take a look later in the morning, and a staffmember didn't read what I said and said to post here instead. I still need to investigate further.

Also, when it comes to testing our security by poking around on the system and trying to access parts of it that you aren't supposed to be able to access -- it should go without saying, but don't do that.
soja
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by soja »

Should I open a request too, John?
Not a NFO employee
TacTicToe
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by TacTicToe »

How the devil are you guys verifying this? Now I am curious to see if we are getting what we paid for. 8O
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

soja, yes.
soja
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by soja »

Add me on steam tictactoe.
Not a NFO employee
friagram
New to forums
New to forums

Post by friagram »

Edge100x wrote:This is something that would be customer-specific and which I would need to investigate. When the request came in last night about it, I told the staff to assign it to me so that I could take a look later in the morning, and a staffmember didn't read what I said and said to post here instead. I still need to investigate further.

Also, when it comes to testing our security by poking around on the system and trying to access parts of it that you aren't supposed to be able to access -- it should go without saying, but don't do that.
I was looking to see if I could configure my own vhost conf, so that I could set up caching and such, as it's more efficient than using .htaccess files since I've been having issues with unserved pages. I wouldn't call this "testing security" or "poking around".
Speced
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Speced »

TacTicToe wrote:How the devil are you guys verifying this? Now I am curious to see if we are getting what we paid for. 8O
I'm also curious. httpd -s does nothing :(
SG-Servers.com
#RIPSingleCoreWindows
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

I found a bug which caused the limit to not be properly updated in a downgrade/upgrade under specific circumstances. If you upgraded your service and haven't changed your vhost since then (such as by changing the folder it points to), it may need to be refreshed. Please contact us so that we can check and issue compensation as necessary.