Cloudflare + TS3 A Name/SRV

Connect with other users about what to run on your webhosting (and how to run it) here.
ren3gade
This is my homepage
This is my homepage
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Cloudflare + TS3 A Name/SRV

Post by ren3gade »

So I am using Cloudflare. I setup the A name, and ts3.mydomain.com:15530 is working fine.

I then wanted to setup an SRV record, so that you don't have to put in the :15530 port at the end of the subdomain to connect to my TS3 server. http://gyazo.com/19d29bd13704c239a12452cfc8b29445

But my ts3.mydomain.com isn't working still?

What am I doing wrong?
Vanderburg
Former staff
Former staff

Re: Cloudflare + TS3 A Name/SRV

Post by Vanderburg »

Because you are using Cloudflare, and have your primary nameservers set to their service, records that you create with us wouldn't be honored by DNS servers because DNS servers don't know to check our nameservers for those records. You would need to create those records with Cloudflare.
ren3gade
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by ren3gade »

Vanderburg wrote:Because you are using Cloudflare, and have your primary nameservers set to their service, records that you create with us wouldn't be honored by DNS servers because DNS servers don't know to check our nameservers for those records. You would need to create those records with Cloudflare.
My website is hosted at another webhost (not NFO).
I did set up my A Name + SRV Name on my Cloudflare Account, as yes.. I am using CF's DNS Servers.
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Post by kraze »

You would likely be better off contacting their support as our forums are mainly for our services, since that's what everyone here is going to know.
@Kraze^NFo> Juski has a very valid point
@Juski> Got my new signature, thanks!
@Kraze^NFo> Out of context!
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
@Juski> You said I had a valid point! You can't take it back now! It's out there!
ren3gade
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by ren3gade »

It works, nevermind. What I did was correct. Just took some time to propagate or whatever.