Help with simple webpage template and FTP

Connect with other users about what to run on your webhosting (and how to run it) here.
gone2lake
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Help with simple webpage template and FTP

Post by gone2lake »

I d/l a free minecraft webpage template and have uploaded it to my free server.

It took forever to get stuff uploaded, I keep getting this message:

421 There are too many connections from your internet address.

Also, when I type myminecraft.site.nfoservers.com into a browser all I get is what looks like a 'file list' of files on the Apache server, no webpage is displayed.

What am I doing wrong?
I uploaded all these files/directories to the root directory. I open blahblahblah.com/index.html locally and the template looks great.

I would greatly appreciate any help guys!
$atanic $pirit
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Re: Help with simple webpage template and FTP

Post by $atanic $pirit »

Nobody could figure it out unless you provide URL for people to check.

I would like to know if the template comes with SQL database or does it just work on pure html. Do you know the answer to that ? Also did you try to open your webpage.com/index.php or index.html depending on language used in your template.
soja
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by soja »

NFO limits FTP connections to 8 per IP. If you exceed this you actually get IP banned from the FTP server temporarily. Extremely unfortunate given filezillas max is 10 per IP.

Did you remember to upload files to the public folder? Going to your website shows nothing in the public folder.
Not a NFO employee
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Post by kraze »

soja wrote:NFO limits FTP connections to 8 per IP. If you exceed this you actually get IP banned from the FTP server temporarily. Extremely unfortunate given filezillas max is 10 per IP.
If I remember correctly the limit is actually 10, but setting it lower is always best as it's rare FTP clients respect those limits perfectly (Opening another connection before fully closing the last)
@Kraze^NFo> Juski has a very valid point
@Juski> Got my new signature, thanks!
@Kraze^NFo> Out of context!
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
@Juski> You said I had a valid point! You can't take it back now! It's out there!
gone2lake
New to forums
New to forums

Post by gone2lake »

soja wrote:NFO limits FTP connections to 8 per IP. If you exceed this you actually get IP banned from the FTP server temporarily. Extremely unfortunate given filezillas max is 10 per IP.

Did you remember to upload files to the public folder? Going to your website shows nothing in the public folder.

The instructions that came with the template merely said to upload via FTP to the ROOT directory.
After reading your post I created a PUBLIC folder in the ROOT and PRESTO.....

It works.

Thank You all for the fast response(s) and know that you are appreciated!
I absolutely owe you a pat on the back :) Thanks a bunch!