SourceBans help please!

Connect with other users about what to run on your webhosting (and how to run it) here.
tarik
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

SourceBans help please!

Post by tarik »

I don't know if this is a bug or not, but I am having a problem with lost connections when banning someone.

I get the "Can't connect to server" error randomly after trying to ban someone through the SourceBans webpanel.

Sometimes if I ban them, I get said error, but other times it works flawlessly and says Player not found or Player has been found and kicked. Basically, this issue is happening randomly, I have no idea how to fix. Can anyone help me? Thank you in advance for reading!
Xer0n_
New to forums
New to forums

Re: SourceBans help please!

Post by Xer0n_ »

What administration system are you using? Are you using SQL hosting provided by NFO? Is your ban system hosted on NFO's webhosting?

I run SourceBans to manage 5-9 servers and I have never experienced server timeout unless the server was actually down. You probably need to fine tune your settings using the IP of your webhosting versus the hostname . Sometimes websites cannot parse hostnames (www.website.com) and providing the IP or direct hostname such as ***.site.nfoservers.com may help.

I may be able to help configure and set up your sourcebans if you are running Evolve or ULX. I do not support help with Assmod or Exsto.
sk8rlemon
New to forums
New to forums

Re: SourceBans help please!

Post by sk8rlemon »

tarik wrote:I don't know if this is a bug or not, but I am having a problem with lost connections when banning someone.

I get the "Can't connect to server" error randomly after trying to ban someone through the SourceBans webpanel.

Sometimes if I ban them, I get said error, but other times it works flawlessly and says Player not found or Player has been found and kicked. Basically, this issue is happening randomly, I have no idea how to fix. Can anyone help me? Thank you in advance for reading!
If you are still having trouble with this, i'd be more than happy to help. I've used source bans before, and want experience with helping people with websites and gameservers so if you need any help i'm here.