404 Not Found

Connect with other users about what to run on your webhosting (and how to run it) here.
snivell
This is my homepage
This is my homepage
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

404 Not Found

Post by snivell »

While setting up my website last night, I refresh and randomly get this '404 Not Found' error whenever I try to go to any page that worked perfectly a few seconds before.

This did happen shortly after I set up the nameservers to use a custom domain but the default domain (http://raspberryheaven.site.nfoservers.com/) doesn't even work.
soja
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Re: 404 Not Found

Post by soja »

Can you screenshot your domains tab?
Not a NFO employee
Vanderburg
Former staff
Former staff

Post by Vanderburg »

This probably means that the folder your domain/subdomain points to has been deleted. If your domain points to the public/ folder, then you delete that folder, you'll see this error. You can simply create the folder to correct it.
rlm850
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by rlm850 »

Furthermore in addition to the above posts, the domain folders in your tab most coincide with the folders on your FTP, so to say:

Your domain: nfoservers.com
Subdomain Type Target
@ Folder public
www Folder public

When you login to FTP, your files go into the "public" folder, and the control panel knows to display these files when a user accesses "nfoservers.com" or "www.nfoservers.com". If the files are not in the corresponding folder connected to the domain, you will not see them on the live site, and will either be prevented with a 404 page, or a "web site not setup" page through NFo that will redirect you to the homepage after 5 seconds.

From the looks of the error, I'm going to take into account that is the case. But, don't worry, you're safe.

As soon as you login to FTP, take all those files you uploaded, and just drag them into the /public/ folder. They should start to appear on the site.