Autoinstallers need updating

Connect with other users about what to run on your webhosting (and how to run it) here.
QuickQAnonymous
A regular
A regular
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Autoinstallers need updating

Post by QuickQAnonymous »

The title says it all
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Re: Autoinstallers need updating

Post by Edge100x »

They can always use updates, yes. The moment I update them (which I do every month or two, generally, or following the discovery of a serious security vulnerability), the packages update again upstream. Usually they are not significant updates.

As an example of this, I just updated phpMyAdmin to the latest version a few days ago, and it already has a new, minor, release.

WordPress is particularly easy to update post-install, so that one is never a major concern.

Post-install, customers will also need to become comfortable with updating their software, since we do not maintain autoinstalled installations.

(In this case, your title doesn't quite say it all -- it doesn't mention which ones concern you or why you think this is a "need" and not a "it'd be nice".)
QuickQAnonymous
A regular
A regular

Post by QuickQAnonymous »

Edge100x wrote:They can always use updates, yes. The moment I update them (which I do every month or two, generally, or following the discovery of a serious security vulnerability), the packages update again upstream. Usually they are not significant updates.

As an example of this, I just updated phpMyAdmin to the latest version a few days ago, and it already has a new, minor, release.

WordPress is particularly easy to update post-install, so that one is never a major concern.

Post-install, customers will also need to become comfortable with updating their software, since we do not maintain autoinstalled installations.

(In this case, your title doesn't quite say it all -- it doesn't mention which ones concern you or why you think this is a "need" and not a "it'd be nice".)
Wordpress is super easy to update. I suppose it isn't a need. Sorry!
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

Is there a particular one that we should prioritize in the short term?
mennes
Compulsive poster
Compulsive poster

Post by mennes »

They all seem up to date to me. :P
Feel free to contact me on discordd @ Mennes34