Forum solutions

Connect with other users about what to run on your webhosting (and how to run it) here.
mennes
Compulsive poster
Compulsive poster
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Forum solutions

Post by mennes »

Hello NFO family! I have been having a hard time figuring out what forum/website software to use for my community. I like wordpress, but i just cant seem to get bbpress to be very functional. I love phpbb, but I always have issues with spam bots.

I have looked into paid forum packages, but i would much rather keep my nfo hosted webserver.

I wish i could make wordpress work, but it just seems almost impossible for me to get it to look anything like phpbb. I like the simplicity of it, but I do not like the layout of the forum board.

I wish i could just pay someone to make the bbpress look/act like phpbb. I tried using that wordpress/phpbb merge plugin, but unfortunately it seems the developer has abandoned it :/

Any suggestions? What do you guys use?
Feel free to contact me on discordd @ Mennes34
Slashfire90
New to forums
New to forums

Re: Forum solutions

Post by Slashfire90 »

I would honestly say mybb works out pretty well. I am currently developing my website and will send a link once its up.
DoctorFink
A regular
A regular

Post by DoctorFink »

I'm responding because I recently went through this for the community I represent. Tossed around a ton of different ideas and even went as far as to test them on my own server at home. I ended up going with the tried-and-true (although sometimes buggy) phpBB.

I've done a lot of research on enhanced anti-spam measures and there are a lot of good extensions out there for it.

Have you decided on which route you're going to take?
enghell
New to forums
New to forums

Post by enghell »

I started with phpbb then switched to mybb then to Invision Power Suite I may suggest that you start with a free forum software until you reach sole point where you have a stable support to make a paid forum software the worth