Can we pointing Domain to 2 server hosting?

Connect with other users about what to run on your webhosting (and how to run it) here.
scarlett
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Can we pointing Domain to 2 server hosting?

Post by scarlett »

Hi all,

Really need help here.I just finish develop a website to my client.But here the problem.My client want to keep their email with current hosting with old vendor becoz they already paid them for email hosting...and i just host new website that i develop website in my hosting.

My question...how i can do it or what i need to tell to old vendor to do....so the domain for website pointing to my hosting...and email remain with them

I already ask them to do what they need to do...but i think the domain for the website still pointing to them...but they insist they already pointng to my hosting

how i can know the domain already pointing to me or still pointing pointing to their hosting?what proof i need to ask them that they already update the domain pointing to me?

Reallly appreciate any help

Thanks
rlm850
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Re: Can we pointing Domain to 2 server hosting?

Post by rlm850 »

What they can do, is edit the current DNS settings for their domain, and change the "@" and "www" records to your web server IP (it must be a dedicated IP for that specific web folder which has an active connection open on port 80.

Changing only these two settings will result in the domain pointing to your web server when browsing from the web.

If you do not have a dedicated IP for the web folder (on a VDS, per say), you can have them edit the DNS settings, turn the "A" and "www" records over to a CNAME DNS type. They can then enter your current domain name as the target.
scarlett
New to forums
New to forums

Re: Can we pointing Domain to 2 server hosting?

Post by scarlett »

Thank you very much!