MySQL Users

Connect with other users about what to run on your webhosting (and how to run it) here.
gatherix
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

MySQL Users

Post by gatherix »

Hiya,

I'm trying to setup a site for NFO's webhosting. We have multiple applications that will be using MySQL, and a separate database for each: SourceBans, forums, and gameserver plugins. Is there any way to have a separate MySQL user for each database? I've looked at previous posts (now several years old) and understand the intent of each webhosting package and MySQL entity being for only one user, however I'm asking out of a concern for security; other administrators will have access to gameserver files, and without separate credentials they will effectively have access to the entire website as well (the forums). Said other administrators won't be accessing MySQL directly or using it for other uses, so I don't think it constitutes another "user", and all the databases are for one community. Is this at all doable?

Thanks!
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Re: MySQL Users

Post by kraze »

Currently, we only support a single MySQL user per web hosting account. It is not possible to add a second user at this time. Though, if you needed a more flexible MySQL setup you may consider hosting one off of a small VDS.

https://www.nfoservers.com/order-virtua ... server.php
@Kraze^NFo> Juski has a very valid point
@Juski> Got my new signature, thanks!
@Kraze^NFo> Out of context!
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
@Juski> You said I had a valid point! You can't take it back now! It's out there!
gatherix
New to forums
New to forums

Post by gatherix »

Makes sense, thanks for the suggestion.

One follow-up question: Does the IP address of NFO webhosted sites ever change? I want to allow incoming traffic to my VPS databases from the website and need to whitelist it in my firewall.

Thanks again
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Post by kraze »

gatherix wrote:Makes sense, thanks for the suggestion.

One follow-up question: Does the IP address of NFO webhosted sites ever change? I want to allow incoming traffic to my VPS databases from the website and need to whitelist it in my firewall.

Thanks again
They do not change routinely, or often, but it's always possible one could eventually change.
@Kraze^NFo> Juski has a very valid point
@Juski> Got my new signature, thanks!
@Kraze^NFo> Out of context!
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
@Juski> You said I had a valid point! You can't take it back now! It's out there!