recommendation: offer managed webhosting

Connect with other users about what to run on your webhosting (and how to run it) here.
President Evil
A semi-regular
A semi-regular
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

recommendation: offer managed webhosting

Post by President Evil »

I've been using NFO for many years and you guys are by far the best game server host I've ever used. For my community I use a IPB4 forum, and I have never found a good web hosting service that lasted a long time, some hosts have weird TOS(such no chatboxes), others have poor hardware that gets maxed easily, poor or no ddos protection, VPS's are unoptimized, and now with my current host my website cannot query any non csgo game servers due to their odd firewall system.

I think NFO should offer managed webhosting(as in NFO manages, updates, optimizes, and maintains the webserver) since your hardware specs and network is amazing. Nothing crazy, just the standards we find nowadays like linux, apache/litespeed/nginx, mysql/mariadb, cpanel, etc. This would be really great for gaming communities that use your game servers since the networking between game and web server would have minimal latency and virtually no connection/networking issues.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Re: recommendation: offer managed webhosting

Post by Edge100x »

Have you already tried our regular webhosting? For most sites, it works very well. The main limitation that I've seen customers run into is that it is out of Seattle and sometimes the latency between Seattle and MySQL database consumers (at other locations) is too high for such connections to be practical (this is usually resolved by having a local MySQL database at the same location).