Django not installing correctly?

Connect with other users about what to run on your webhosting (and how to run it) here.
AncientLotus
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Django not installing correctly?

Post by AncientLotus »

so im trying to get a site running with Django. i have the free server that comes with a game server. Every time i try to run a command with manage.py i get a "no module named 'django'" traceback. i also havent found a way to run a virtual enviroment for the installed python files. which should be the reason im getting the error. and lastley when pointing the subdomain to django/django-vhost and enabling fastcgi, im getting 500 error. most i have been able to do is get FTP access through what is supposed to be my website link.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Re: Django not installing correctly?

Post by Edge100x »

If you're using the autoinstaller, it should work, but I can take a closer look at your specific installation if you open up a support request.

The main problem with the autoinstaller should be that it installs an old version of Django, using an older version of Python. The newest Django version, using a newer Python release, requires a different install method, using virtualenv and pip, which I need to explore (and which you might consider).