Noob just getting started

Connect with other users about what to run on your webhosting (and how to run it) here.
StuNN
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Noob just getting started

Post by StuNN »

So a friend and I bought a server as well as web hosting. I want to use Wordpress to put my page together, however, I'm not sure exactly where to get started. Through FTP, I'm wondering do I connect directly to the website, I'm really not sure how to do this. No experience.
BrendanG
Staff
Staff

Re: Noob just getting started

Post by BrendanG »

StuNN wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2017 2:02 pm So a friend and I bought a server as well as web hosting. I want to use Wordpress to put my page together, however, I'm not sure exactly where to get started. Through FTP, I'm wondering do I connect directly to the website, I'm really not sure how to do this. No experience.
While I am no expert here with WordPress and web design in general, I believe you can find custom themes online for WordPress and use those as a basic layout. And then customize the setup through their admin panel to your liking. I do believe there are many YouTube videos with tutorials tweaking the way these work and how they look, which you may find to be of help.

This is not something of which we formally offer any support for as it is just a feature we have added for the convenience of our customers to save time on installing. But a little bit of research and I do believe you will be on your way to tweaking your install to your liking.