Sql database backup exceeds limit

Connect with other users about what to run on your webhosting (and how to run it) here.
dachurchill
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Sql database backup exceeds limit

Post by dachurchill »

So my website database got corrupted. Backup system wont work due to inno-db. Best part i got a downloaded copy of the sql but 105Mb single .sql which exceeds the 100Mb. .zip .gzip .bzip2 compression to shrink .sql file has failed everytime during the importing of the file attempts. Anyone got any ideas or help on how to fix my issue?
Vanderburg
Former staff
Former staff

Re: Sql database backup exceeds limit

Post by Vanderburg »

You could import the .sql file manually through the command line, using SSH to your webhosting, or you can upload the .sql file to the webhosting and use this utility: http://www.ozerov.de/bigdump/ to import it for you.
dachurchill
New to forums
New to forums

Post by dachurchill »

I'll try this right away. Should the backup be corrupt is it possible to request one of the backups that nfo does automatically even tho there's a couple inno-db tables in it. Also I thank you for the fast response.
Vanderburg
Former staff
Former staff

Post by Vanderburg »

We wouldn't be able to provide the backup with the InnoDB tables in it, but it might be possible to remove the InnoDB tables from the backup to allow you to restore the non-innoDB tables.
dachurchill
New to forums
New to forums

Post by dachurchill »

Thank you for your help. After some tries i finally got the Database repaired.