Server is getting DDosd and nginx not loading. Please help

Connect with other users about what to run on your webhosting (and how to run it) here.
adroitful
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Server is getting DDosd and nginx not loading. Please help

Post by adroitful »

Okay. So I got an email from nfoservers today saying my server is getting ddosd and it's being filtered. Now, the site will load for a very short period of time whenever I restart nginx. But, it will only work for a few seconds before not loading anymore. Nginx doesn't fully crash and the process is still running. Does anyone have any ideas on how to go about restarting nginx when it's frozen like this? I thought about using upstart or something, but nginx doesn't fully crash. I'm out of idea.. Please help!
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Re: Server is getting DDosd and nginx not loading. Please help

Post by Edge100x »

That does not sound as though it would be related to any filter we may have added, because any filter would continuously prevent specific traffic from getting through, including right after you make a software change such as a restart.

Are you being flooded with small resource requests that are choking your webserver? What do the logs for your webserver say? Do you see a lot of connections open when you look at the netstat -anp output?