Connecting to Web Sync/Webserver? With FTP

Connect with other users about what to run on your webhosting (and how to run it) here.
Blaze Modz
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Connecting to Web Sync/Webserver? With FTP

Post by Blaze Modz »

My server has quite a bit of custom content, but fsr using Websync, it ignore's like 90% of the content I actually added. and it refuses to add into the web sync service, I saw people saying they connected to the Web Sync page via FTP and put their files in that way, but how? Trying to connect to it with all my passwords always says
Command: USER Blaze Modz
Response: 331 Please specify the password.
Command: PASS *********************
Response: 530 Login incorrect.
Error: Critical error
Error: Could not connect to server

Any help is appreciated
"A Thousand Years of Pain!"
Spray
Former staff
Former staff

Re: Connecting to Web Sync/Webserver? With FTP

Post by Spray »

The username you're using, "Blaze Modz", indicates that it's not an FTP user account created by our system. You'll want to ensure you're using the credentials listed on the File Manager tab of the website control panel to connect to the webhosting via FTP.
Blaze Modz
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Blaze Modz »

Spray wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:15 am The username you're using, "Blaze Modz", indicates that it's not an FTP user account created by our system. You'll want to ensure you're using the credentials listed on the File Manager tab of the website control panel to connect to the webhosting via FTP.
Thanks a ton for your reply! Okay so when I try to connect to the Webhost with my FTP Credentials provided by the "File Manager" tab, I just get this message

Command: USER ********************
Response: 331 Please specify the password.
Command: PASS ********************
Response: 530 Login incorrect.
Error: Critical error
Error: Could not connect to server

I censored my FTP name and pass.
Spray
Former staff
Former staff

Post by Spray »

This would either mean you're typing the username or password incorrectly, or some other issue has come up. If you'd like us to look over this directly, feel free to open a support request via the Help! tab of the control panel.
Blaze Modz
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Blaze Modz »

Spray wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:06 am This would either mean you're typing the username or password incorrectly, or some other issue has come up. If you'd like us to look over this directly, feel free to open a support request via the Help! tab of the control panel.
Alrighty, I guess I'll go open a support request. Thanks for you help!