Park a domain on NfoServers.com

Connect with other users about what to run on your webhosting (and how to run it) here.
oldschool
A semi-regular
A semi-regular
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Park a domain on NfoServers.com

Post by oldschool »

I saw the option to add a domain with pointers? Is that like setting a DNS record? I have a domain I bought and would like to use it with NFO dashboard. So from a provider like Hostmonster I should be able to just change the DNS record to "point" my domain named osghc.com to NS1.NFOSERVERS.COM...that should work after time for propagation, right?
hiimcody1
Staff
Staff

Re: Park a domain on NfoServers.com

Post by hiimcody1 »

oldschool wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 7:58 pm I saw the option to add a domain with pointers? Is that like setting a DNS record? I have a domain I bought and would like to use it with NFO dashboard. So from a provider like Hostmonster I should be able to just change the DNS record to "point" my domain named osghc.com to NS1.NFOSERVERS.COM...that should work after time for propagation, right?
You'd need to set the nameservers of your domain to use ours, just pointing a record for the domain to our nameservers won't work.

I'm not familiar with that particular provider, but with most I've used there is an explicit option to set the controlling nameservers for a domain. You'd want to set those nameservers to ns1.nfoservers.com and ns2.nfoservers.com
oldschool
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Re: Park a domain on NfoServers.com

Post by oldschool »

Thanks got it! Works perfect Image