Error installing Nuke Evolution Xtreme

Connect with other users about what to run on your webhosting (and how to run it) here.
IceCold
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Error installing Nuke Evolution Xtreme

Post by IceCold »

Hi all,

I'm having an issue installing my website. All files are uploaded to public, and it uses it's own installer (install.php).

I've set up a database, and while running the installer, I enter the DB name, user and password provided on the database page.
However, I get the following error:

Code: Select all

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function mysql_connect() in /usr/www/****/public/install/functions.php:201 Stack trace: #0 /usr/www/****/public/install.php(149): validate_data(Array) #1 {main} thrown in /usr/www/****/public/install/functions.php on line 201
(**** is my website name)

I opened the functions.php, and looked at lines 201-202, and see that it's related to connecting to the database:

Code: Select all

if (!($server_check = @mysql_connect($dbhost, $dbuser, $dbpass))) {
        $error .= "<tr><td align=\"center\"><font color=red>" . $install_lang['connection_failed'] . "</font></td></tr>";
So, assuming that we have automatic user admin rights, can anyone make any suggestions as to what the issue might be?

As an aside, I used the autoinstaller to install phpmyadmin, and it works fine, and also installed phpBB into a different folder once i created a separate database, and that also works fine - I was able to log in etc.

Thanks,

Ice.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Re: Error installing Nuke Evolution Xtreme

Post by Edge100x »

mysql_connect is not a valid function in PHP 7+. You'll need to either use a fixed version of your software that is compatible with PHP 7+ (the best option -- old software likely has serious security problems, as well) or apply a workaround (viewtopic.php?f=19&t=14767).
IceCold
New to forums
New to forums

Re: Error installing Nuke Evolution Xtreme

Post by IceCold »

Thanks Edge.

Turns out the CMS is not coded for php 7.x, but they are going to update it shortly, so I'll run with the auto-installed phpBB for now and then move users over.

Thanks again.