Possible issues with using my own domain name?

Connect with other users about what to run on your webhosting (and how to run it) here.
Mango
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Possible issues with using my own domain name?

Post by Mango »

I noticed that the control panel mentions something about how some features wont work properly with custom domains. Does anyone know what's happened before with non-provided domain users or have any personal experience with issues related to using your own domain?

I'm debating whether or not I should switch my existing domain over or just redirect with a subdomain.

Thanks in advance!
Vanderburg
Former staff
Former staff

Re: Possible issues with using my own domain name?

Post by Vanderburg »

Which message are you referring to, specifically? Is it the red warning that shows when your domain isn't using our nameservers?
Mango
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Mango »

I believe so, I've decided to just keep my primary domain on google and redirect it to NFO instead. Didn't want to lose my unlimited drive storage lmao...
Vanderburg
Former staff
Former staff

Post by Vanderburg »

In that case, yes, there are many features that may not work because without the nameservers being set to NS1.NFOSERVERS.COM and NS2.NFOSERVERS.COM, we're not actually managing the DNS for your domain, so we can't create records, or provide proper SSL certificates. This would be the responsibility of wherever you have the domain pointing, presumably Google.
Mango
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Mango »

Thanks for the insight, I appreciate it!