Fatal Error (ACP Login)

Connect with other users about what to run on your webhosting (and how to run it) here.
Atlasx64
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Fatal Error (ACP Login)

Post by Atlasx64 »

When logging into my Admin Control Panel for my forum I am faced with this when I press 'Log In' after filling out my account details:

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to a member function check() on null in /usr/www/sanctuaryen/public/phpbb/auth/provider/db.php:198 Stack trace: #0 /usr/www/sanctuaryen/public/phpbb/auth/auth.php(949): phpbb\auth\provider\db->login('admin', '********') #1 /usr/www/sanctuaryen/public/includes/functions.php(2354): phpbb\auth\auth->login('admin', '********', false, 1, 0) #2 /usr/www/sanctuaryen/public/ucp.php(92): login_box('./memberlist.ph...') #3 {main} thrown in /usr/www/sanctuaryen/public/phpbb/auth/provider/db.php on line 198

(*******) indicates the password I used, but I censored it for obvious reasons

I am using phpBB

I would really like to avoid wiping my forum to resolve this, but so far Its all I can think of...
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Re: Fatal Error (ACP Login)

Post by Edge100x »

Is this a customized board?

You might try replacing just the files with defaults, in case one was edited that shouldn't have been.
Atlasx64
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Atlasx64 »

Im pretty new to all this, so forgive me

I am using a custom theme (Milk v.2) and I am using the oauth extension to allow signing in with the game service Steam.

How would I go about restoring defaults?
TimeX
Staff
Staff

Post by TimeX »

In general, it would mean replacing the files with original copies. You mentioned a customized configuration though. Did this problem start when adding those customizations, or was this configuration working fine previously?
TimeX