Cloudflare

Connect with other users about what to run on your webhosting (and how to run it) here.
gamechamp
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Cloudflare

Post by gamechamp »

Is it possible to add cloudflare SSL to my domain and still use the domain on nfo? Is yes could you please guide me how? Thank you!
Naleksuh
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Re: Cloudflare

Post by Naleksuh »

Perhaps it might be better asked why you would want to use CloudFlare. If you are are looking for DDoS protection, All NFo services already have this.

By "still use the domain on nfo" -- do you mean the default "*.site.nfoservers.com" domains? These subdomains cannot have their name servers changed.
gamechamp
New to forums
New to forums

Post by gamechamp »

I have a separate domain from godaddy which is connected to cloudflare for SSL. How can i use the same domain on nfo keeping the SSL from cloudflare?
Vanderburg
Former staff
Former staff

Post by Vanderburg »

That isn't a good idea. That would only secure the connection between Cloudflare and the user, but it would still leave the connection between us and Cloudflare insecure.

We only support SSL for domains we actually host, so the name servers would need to point to us directly (and only us).
Naleksuh
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Naleksuh »

Cloudflare is not necessary for SSL - if you have a domain from GoDaddy, simply add that domain to NFO directly.
Naleksuh
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Naleksuh »

As it's been said in this thread several times before, using CloudFlare with NFo's web hosting is not a good idea.