Webmail issues

Connect with other users about what to run on your webhosting (and how to run it) here.
Elochai
This is my homepage
This is my homepage
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Webmail issues

Post by Elochai »

I’m switching from my current host and testing the environment here before jumping completely over.

I paid for one month of Lite web-plan to test the functionality. My biggest thing needed is email support for my domains. My family and I use my domains for our personal email accounts.

We are use to the free webmail called Horde, but support was able to help me with getting the information to export over to Roundcude. Although I have noticed that roundcude lacks a lot of settings and features so far.

I’m now testing the email using one of my parked domains to ensure it is encrypted for sending and receiving by TLS/SSL (still not sure if it is as I been having issues).

So I can send email to my other domain from NFO, but I can’t send email back to the domain hosted on NFO from my other domain. I thought it may be something to do with a spam filter (unfortunately roundcude doesn’t have a wide range of settings within it for changing spam filtering like Horde does) so I disabled spamassassin. But the results were the same. I did try a hotmail account as well and that worked. But I get many emails from company domains, so they need to get through.

Any ideas why NFO isn’t allowing the emails in ?
Scott AKA Elochai

Let the Clips Fall Down!
Elochai
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Re: Webmail issues

Post by Elochai »

Good new's - I was able to figure out why the email's where not going to my domain. The emails where still going to the old host. So the records must not have updated on their end.

Only thing left now, is the burning question of encryption. I know SSL is offered for website domains. But is the mail servers encrypted by SSL/TLS for sending and receiving ? I ask as I know certs for email are not the same as one for websites and I'd like to be sure that transmission of my emails are secured :)
Scott AKA Elochai

Let the Clips Fall Down!
TimeX
Staff
Staff

Post by TimeX »

If I'm not mistaken, emails should be secured through the site or via external email clients. Are emails showing otherwise?
TimeX
Elochai
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Elochai »

Not sure, been busy past few days to try and check. I know email has TLS as mail clients won’t usually accept mail from an address without it.

My current provider that I’m going to be moving from, uses both regular SSL/TLS on the normal mail ports; and then they have another secured connection that is recommended on different ports. The 2nd one is fully encrypted for full transmission of out going and incoming mail.

I have seen others do this as well during my search / shopping around.

I’m not sure yet if I’m gonna move fully over or not. There are features and other things impacting my decisions other then just this feature.

So if I choose not to renew my subscription, it has nothing to do directly with service or support. Just my needs. I have always found NFO services great when I rented VPS’s and web hosting in the past and support extremely helpful. Still the best prices in VPS’s for gaming too :)
Scott AKA Elochai

Let the Clips Fall Down!