Webserver file permissions..

Connect with other users about what to run on your webhosting (and how to run it) here.
Narclax
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Webserver file permissions..

Post by Narclax »

Im using a basic phpnuke site, with a few extra blocks/module. One of the blocks i am using is a Screenshot Uploader, which lets registered users upload ss's and then a random thumbnail is shown on the home page of the site.

The problem im having with it is that even though i have chmod'd the correct folder so that the ss's actually show up, any new ones that are uploaded wont automatically chmod correctly and will not show up until i go back into the ftp and re-chmod it.

Is there anything on the host side of things that is making this happen? I've tried just about everything i can think of to get the files to upload with the correct permissions but still can't get it to work correctly.

Thanks a ton for your time.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

The only way of fixing that in an automated fashion would be to edit the uploader script so that it sets the permissions after the file is saved. It shouldn't be too difficult, but you'd need to know a little PHP to find the correct spot to put it in and know the correct command to use.

If you email me the exact location of the file, I can take a look at it for you.
Narclax
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Narclax »

Ya, thats what i was thinking. I was looking through the code to try and get an idea where it would go but couldn't find the right place to put a chmod command. (knowing nothing about php coding didnt help lol).

Either im being dumb or i just cant find your email address. But, i do have the module script hosted so you can take a look at it if you wouldn't mind.

http://members.cox.net/laxnkio/index.php

Any help would be greatly appreciated :)
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

I'd have to do it locally (on our webserver) so that I could have access to the source code itself. I'd need to know the .php file used by the actual module. And, you should email me about it instead of posting here.
Narclax
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Narclax »

Which email address should I send it to?
bOoya
Former staff
Former staff

Post by bOoya »

rentals @ nuclearfallout.net