Game logs

Connect with other users about what to run on your webhosting (and how to run it) here.
crs4380
A semi-regular
A semi-regular
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Re: Game logs

Post by crs4380 »

I mean, Well basically all I want to do is run have is have a crontab run commands or a script and download game server log file from an ftp server and put it in a specific folder.
crs4380
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by crs4380 »

I forgot to add this. I want to write a shell script but I don't know how because I'm not familiar with the linux distro that being used for the webhost machine.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

Yes, this is something that you can do. Instead of using a script, I'd recommend using the "wget" command, as it is designed for this sort of thing. The "--mirror" option might be useful, depending on exactly what you are doing.
crs4380
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by crs4380 »

Ah, I see. That is great. I'm wanting to set it up to where the webhost automatically logins remotely to an FTP server and have it download a specific file like a txt file for example, and have it downloaded to the a specific folder (if possible) on my webhost storage.

I don't really know all the commands to get this to work but I did attempt to use the 'FTP' command in linux and couldn't figure out a way to make it work with crontabs.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

This line in your crontab would quietly log into "ftp.somewhere.com" using username "username" and password "password", then retrieve "cstrike/cfg/server.cfg" into the main folder on the webspace -- and do it hourly:

Code: Select all

@hourly wget ftp://username:password@ftp.somewhere.com/cstrike/cfg/server.cfg >/dev/null 2>&1
psenger
New to forums
New to forums

Post by psenger »

John ( and/or NFO Support ),

Are there any other options to get live in game logs? Maybe something like SysLogD ( http://edoceo.com/creo/winlogd ) ?

I got a IRC Mindcrime Bot running per the AutoInstaller. It talks to a IRC server running remotely (I wrote it in Java and it is inside my personal network). This allows me to send in-game events to my personal server, but the logs from the actual game are much more detailed then the IRC Mindcrime Bot events.

Phil
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

We don't have any easy way to stream for CoD4 (I'm guessing that you're talking about CoD4, though the post author was not). The game does keep logs on-disk, though, and with an intelligent FTP client, you could frequently connect and download the delta. This is how B3 does it.