Cannot connect to MySQL database using external connection

Connect with other users about what to run on your webhosting (and how to run it) here.
mrredvps
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Cannot connect to MySQL database using external connection

Post by mrredvps »

I just setup a new VPS account with separate webhosting. I created a new database from the control panel to host some forums. I enabled "Allow external connections" so I could connect with MySQL Workbench to restore a database backup I had from my previous hosting (not w/ NFO). When I try to connect I get access denied. All the login details are correct. Am I missing something?
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Re: Cannot connect to MySQL database using external connecti

Post by Edge100x »

Are you absolutely certain that the username, password, and database are correct? If so, and this still is happening, please submit a support request and I can double-check that external connections are truly enabled within our MySQL system, as it should have made them by the checkbox.
Vanderburg
Former staff
Former staff

Post by Vanderburg »

What exactly is the error message made when you attempt to connect? That would help indicate what the problem is, if it's not connecting, or if it's a bad password, or if it can't find that database, etc.
mrredvps
New to forums
New to forums

Post by mrredvps »

I forgot what the actual error message was, but John fixed this problem a while ago. The password was not updating correctly when I changed it via my control panel. It's working good now.