Hey, another sourcebans issue

Connect with other users about what to run on your webhosting (and how to run it) here.
cwg Bobbo!
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Hey, another sourcebans issue

Post by cwg Bobbo! »

Hello! We have a managed VPS from the great people here at nfo.

First, the error:
L 06/20/2011 - 22:17:02: [sourcebans.smx] Database failure: [2002]: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/tmp/mysql.sock' (2). See FAQ: http://www.sourcebans.net/node/20
This is from our game server, so I didn't know if I should put this topic here or in the game server section. I figured here because this use to work before we transferred over, and it appears to be an error on the web side. Anyway, the database.cfg that we were told to use is:
"Databases"
{
"driver_default" "mysql"

"sourcebans"
{
"driver" "mysql"
"host" "localhost"
"database" "cwgfastdl_sb"
"user" "cwgfastdl"
"pass" "****"
//"timeout" "0"
"port" "3306"
}

"storage-local"
{
"driver" "sqlite"
"database" "sourcemod-local"
}
}
Background information:

We were using sourcebans from our old host, but for some reason we all thought it was on our website. Instead, it was on our game server box that we cancelled when we transferred over to here, so we lost that information. now we have almost no admin control over our servers, and it is starting to cause a headache!!!

I searched the forums, but I did not find much that helped. any ideas anyone? Thanks!!
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Re: Hey, another sourcebans issue

Post by Edge100x »

Your databases.cfg is set up to connect to a local MySQL server, but we run our MySQL server separately for security and performance reasons. If you use the MySQL server that comes with our webhosting, you'll need to replace this line:

Code: Select all

"host" "localhost"
With something like this:

Code: Select all

"host" "hosted.nfoservers.com"
Replace "hosted.nfoservers.com" with the DNS to your website or with the actual hosted websites machine that you are on (hosted2, hosted3, etc).
cwg Bobbo!
New to forums
New to forums

Re: Hey, another sourcebans issue

Post by cwg Bobbo! »

I feel really dumb because it clearly says that in the sql home page, about using the DNS or whatever....

Awesome, It looks like its working! thank you so much!!!