new domain

Connect with other users about what to run on your webhosting (and how to run it) here.
lethaltalon
A regular
A regular
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

new domain

Post by lethaltalon »

I have bought lethalclan.com domain name and I want to have it replace the "http://lethalclan.site.nfoservers.com" can I set this up in the control panel adding it to the subdomain? this is still confusing for me, what do I need to do? I know I need an ip for the godaddy A(host) points to ip. but what info is needed to set it up at the domains tab of the nfo control panel?
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Re: new domain

Post by kraze »

What you will first need to do is go to your GoDaddy control panel and set the DNS or nameservers for that domain to;

NS1.nfoservers.com
NS2.nfoservers.com

Once that is done you will need to wait for the DNS to propogate will will take anywhere from 1hr to 24hrs. Once that finishes head over to your websites control panel with us and select the "domains" tab. Then at the bottom where it says add a domain, enter your new domain and click submit.
@Kraze^NFo> Juski has a very valid point
@Juski> Got my new signature, thanks!
@Kraze^NFo> Out of context!
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
@Juski> You said I had a valid point! You can't take it back now! It's out there!
lethaltalon
A regular
A regular

Post by lethaltalon »

ok now that the stated above is done, what do I need to do to have it point to the files already in place? there was no "public" folder or "www" guess it is the root folder. i have just check and now there is a public folder in there that it points to so what can i do to change that to point to the root folder?
lethaltalon
A regular
A regular

Post by lethaltalon »

figured it out thanks