What do I do if my dedicated machine crashes?

Edge100x
Founder
Founder
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

What do I do if my dedicated machine crashes?

Post by Edge100x »

If you just need the machine to be rebooted, as is often the case after a required Windows update, you can use our power cycling tool in the control panel; all of our machines are configured to start up automatically when the power is switched off and on. If you need someone to connect up to the machine to do more intensive troubleshooting (such as to type commands into Linux, go into Windows safe mode, or disable a firewall that you turned on), please contact us and we will arrange it with an on-site technician.

We are typically charged a very high rate for on-site tech work -- as much as $200 per hour -- and unfortunately if you require it we will have to pass this cost on to you, unless the problem turns out to be with the hardware or with something that only we control. So, please be very cautious and avoid changes to your server's drivers, operating system, or network settings, and avoid changing anything that might affect the boot process.

If attempts at troubleshooting fail or you would prefer to just start from scratch, we can configure and ship a fresh hard drive to the facility for you. This will typically take one business day and cost around $75 in shipping fees. The new hard drive will replace the old one and you will lose any customizations you made; we recommend that you make frequent off-site backups to ensure that you don't lose data in the case that you have to choose this option.