Its full format is: !ban <some unique part of the player name> <optional reason>. An example usage would be !ban thatguy "You cheated".
Unbanning a GUID is a bit unwieldy, so we don't currently have an !unban command. If you need to unban someone, use our rcon tool or a 3rd party tool, and follow these steps:
1. Use the banList.list command through rcon to get a list of all the current BC2 game bans. It will spit out a line telling you how many bans it holds, then 5 entries for every ban (id-type, id, ban-type, time, and reason).
2. Use banList.remove guid <guid from that list> to remove an individual player (substituting "guid from that list" with the text of the GUID you actually want to remove, of course, and not typing < or >).
3. Use banList.save to write the new ban list to disk.
4. Use punkBuster.pb_sv_command "pb_sv_banlist" to get a list of the current PB bans. You can also add a search text to the end, to look for a particular name or GUID.
5. Use punkBuster.pb_sv_command "pb_sv_unban <slot #>" to remove the player from the ban list, based on the slot he is assigned to in #4.
For reference, this is the section on banning from the server docs.
And, this is where you can find more information on PB commands: http://www.punksbusted.com/wiki/index.p ... r_Commands
Code: Select all
Request: banList.load Response: OK Response: InvalidArguments Response: InvalidIdType Response: InvalidBanType Response: InvalidTimeStamp - A time stamp could not be read Response: IncompleteBan - Incomplete ban entry at end of file Response: AccessError - Could not read from file Effect: Load list of banned players/IPs/GUIDs from file Comment: 5 lines (Id-type, id, ban-type, time and reason) are retrieved for every ban in the list. Entries read before getting InvalidIdType, InvalidBanType, InvalidTimeStamp and IncompleteBan is still loaded. Request: banList.save Response: OK Response: InvalidArguments Response: AccessError - Could not save to file Effect: Save list of banned players/IPs/GUIDs to file Comment: 5 lines (Id-type, id, ban-type, time and reason) are stored for every ban in the list. Every line break has windows “\r\n” characters. Request: banList.add <id-type: id-type> <id: string> <timeout: timeout> <reason: string> Response: OK Response: InvalidArguments Response: BanListFull Effect: Add player to ban list for a certain amount of time Comments: Adding a new player/IP/GUID ban will replace any previous ban for that player/IP/GUID timeout can take three forms: perm - permanent [default] round - until end of round seconds <integer> - number of seconds until ban expires Id-type can be any of these name – A soldier name ip – An IP address guid – A player guid Id could be either a soldier name, ip address or guid depending on id-type. Reason is optional and defaults to “Banned by admin”; max length 80 chars. The ban list can contain at most 100 entries. Request: banList.remove <id-type: id-type> <id: string> Response: OK Response: InvalidArguments Response: NotFound - Id not found in banlist; banlist unchanged Effect: Remove player/ip/guid from banlist Request: banList.clear Response: OK Response: InvalidArguments Effect: Clears ban list Request: banList.list Response: OK <player ban entries> Response: InvalidArguments Effect: Return list of banned players/IPs/GUIDs. Comment: The list starts with a number telling how many bans the list is holding. After that, 5 words (Id-type, id, ban-type, time and reason) are received for every ban in the list.