Condition Zero server crashing

News for the main page
Edge100x
Founder
Founder
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Condition Zero server crashing

Post by Edge100x »

We've had some issues with our Condition Zero servers crashing when populated and found the following error message in the log files each time:

L 04/03/2004 - 18:59:21: FATAL ERROR (shutting down): User Msg 'BarTime': 4 bytes written, expected 2

I've emailed Valve about this problem as it sounds like it is an issue with the game.

Update: Valve released a patch that fixes this problem and we will be applying it to our CZ servers at midnight PST tonight.
stevek71
New to forums
New to forums

Post by stevek71 »

where do u get the update patch from ? having the same problem in our server...

steve
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

They later retracted that patch after I told Alfred it crashed every server right after the server was started. We're still waiting on a fixed version.
stevek71
New to forums
New to forums

Post by stevek71 »

so till then nothing can be done, no temp fixes ? guess we just let the server crash, till steam gets their s**t together...
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

We're looking into it.

I'm very disappointed in Valve on this one. This is the kind of laissez-faire attitude it seems to take with all non-CS mods, though.
Supernuker
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Supernuker »

hmm.. you think they work a little harder on it too.
Darkfyre|NFo
Staff
Staff

Post by Darkfyre|NFo »

Not trying to bash Valve here, but they seem to either have a knee-jerk reaction to a problem, or no reaction at all. I would like to see a little more consistency. But..... These views are mine alone and not shared by NFo as a whole!
Supernuker
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Supernuker »

Maybe its something thats hard to figure out.
stevek71
New to forums
New to forums

Post by stevek71 »

but wouldnt you think it should have been identified and corrected before the release. anyhow hope the resolution will come soon...

:twisted:
Slick
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Slick »

Yea tats true. Since Steam came out Value has disappointed me completely. Especially form the whole ATI problems. If you check Steams forums they have several pages of ATI users that cannot play the game, and yet Value will not and does not release a patch for ATI users. To think of it that support room ahs not Value Tech support. Just normal people trying to help out other people.

Like don’t get me wrong. I like steam for their Server lists/Friends but again Friends has like a 50% rate of being down.
Supernuker
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Supernuker »

agreed, and then the big huge trouble they had a week ago where about 1/2 of all the people's friend's lists got erased, thank god they fixed that.
crab
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by crab »

Valve is a constant parade of incompetency. I laugh at people who try to defend them. Sorry but there are many other software companies doing a good job right now, like Ubisoft, Valve is the absolute worst. For every fix they release they introduce 3 new bugs. The sad thing is, I'm so looking forward to HL2 and CS source, but I'm terrified that their imcompetency is going to derail what could be amazing games. Already the games are so late in being released there are many who don't even care anymore and won't buy the game just because Valve sucks so bad.
LLLL
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by LLLL »

agreed
TimeX
Staff
Staff

Post by TimeX »

Ditto, I played HL a long time (my CD is version 1009) and even before steam it seemed like my TFC server was a valve beta testing platform with each patch trying to fix the problems with the old patch and not only failing that half the time but making other things worse in the process.

I quit HL and its mods before steam because I suspected they'd use it as "now we can force our beta testing on people on a daily basis" which seems to be how its going. I installed steam shortly after 2.0 and thought it was crap. I honestly think that the mod community is the only thing keeping valve their jobs. I'll try HL2 and I hope they get it right.
TimeX
Supernuker
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Supernuker »

They better get hl2 right, they've been working on for more than a year and a half.