Battlefield Hardline is now in beta

News for the main page
Edge100x
Founder
Founder
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Battlefield Hardline is now in beta

Post by Edge100x »

The EA cops-and-criminals title Battlefield Hardline is set to be released on March 17, and is now in open beta. We're hosting thousands of player slots for the beta -- make sure to give our servers a spin!

We're also tentatively opening up preorders for this game. Due to a current new game requirement, it will almost certainly cost us much more to run Battlefield Hardline servers than Battlefield 4, even if the resource requirements are similar; but, for right now, we've priced BFH preorders at a little cheaper than BF4 anyway.

BFH will also be available to dedicated server owners in the same manner as BF4, with the same pricing. However, as it currently stands, customers will need to plan on giving each 50+ slot BFH server its own core. Our per-slot fee for managed services (http://www.nfoservers.com/forums/viewto ... =51&t=5705) will be the same as for BF4.

With a preordered server, you pay immediately. The free website is set up immediately, but the game server isn't set up until the release date for the game. We talk more about how preorders work here: http://www.nfoservers.com/forums/viewto ... =22&t=4224
soja
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Re: Battlefield Hardline is now in beta

Post by soja »

Is there any information on the requirements for smaller servers? If a single 50+ slot server needs its own core, how are 32 slot servers handled? Can we have more than 2 per physical core?

Also, are there any known requirements/guidelines on how many slots can be set for each gamemode and keep ranked or official? It would help us plan how many slots we need to order.
Not a NFO employee
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

You should be able to run multiple sub-50-slot servers per core.

I do not know the ranked/official requirements yet, unfortunately.
markym
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by markym »

do we need to order the extra slots for hackers like we had to do for commanders? So if we want a 64 player slot server do we need to order 66 slots for the Hacker slots?
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

markym, yes, they work just like commanders in BF4.
soja
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by soja »

Edge100x wrote:You should be able to run multiple sub-50-slot servers per core.

I do not know the ranked/official requirements yet, unfortunately.
By odering a 50+ slot server, does that somehow dedicate that core to the BFH server, or is it just a guideline that you can have, for example, 4 50+ servers on an E3-1270 machine.
Not a NFO employee
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

The two are linked. As it currently stands, each 50+ slot server may require a dedicated physical core. There is a slight possibility that this will change by the game's release, so we won't be advertising a guarantee of a dedicated core -- just our normal performance guarantee, which is actually a bit stronger (that we'll meet or beat the performance of any comparable server from a competitor).
soja
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by soja »

Does that mean that if I were to have a CS:GO server on the same machine as a BFH server, the CS:GO server(or any other servers on the box) would only have access to 3c/6t even if the BF server is idle?

Sorry for all the questions, it just seems like a strange arrangement and I want to make sure I fully understand as I plan to order a new machine for BFH when the game releases.
Not a NFO employee
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

soja, I do not know the answer to that yet.