Shaw cable

News for the main page
Edge100x
Founder
Founder
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Shaw cable

Post by Edge100x »

Some InterNAP customers have reported latency problems when using Shaw cable and connecting to certain IP addresses at InterNAP. We've investigated the problem and we've found out that Shaw's UUnet connection has an overloaded router in the Seattle area that is sometimes used to get to particular servers.

It is outside our control on determining which IP addresses ping badly for Shaw customers, and the repair of that problem is exclusively on Shaw and UUnet's shoulders. However, if you are experiencing this problem, an IP address change may help you. If this is the case, please email us and we can send you a list of candidate IPs that you can consider moving your server to.
EmeraldAssassin
New to forums
New to forums

Post by EmeraldAssassin »

soooo what are we all supposed to do now?

I called SHAW support and they said they can't do anything about it...they redirected us to "global.mci.com/wholesale/contact" to ask them what's up. I live in Vancouver and the ping is BRUTAL since that crash. how do we get things back to normal?
EmeraldAssassin
New to forums
New to forums

Post by EmeraldAssassin »

has anyone else had this problem as well? if so how do I fix it since I'm not getting much help from SHAW and/or this forum.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

The only way I know of that can be fixed is the way I list in the post =\.

What Shaw told you is BS, though. UUnet will not allow you to contact them directly about problems with their bandwidth; Shaw has to do it for you.
MCP87
A regular
A regular

Post by MCP87 »

Here is what i do when i have had problem with ATT/Comcast.

Call them if that frist person says they can't, asked to talked to there Supervisor, if the Sup can't and are won't. Call back in like 12 hours should be a different shift by then and do the same thing. I had to do that 4 times once untill that they finnaly rellize that one of the routers was musted down here in Olympia.

Persistance works you just have to put the time in to it, aslo if you can find a corprate email and or phone number call that and complain that the 1800 number people are not helping you and blowing you off, that works very well. I got a personal call from them saying that it has been fixed and sorry for the hassle i had to got through.

Another thing try to get to tier 2 tech even if you have to lie, the 2 tier guys normally know what is going on the network and are hell of alot more savy then the freakin dumasses on tier1.

Thats my advice and i hope it gets slove for you guys, i would help out expec i am not with Shaw.
cscity
New to forums
New to forums

Post by cscity »

Not sure if this is still a problem or not.
What John had to say here is absoluty correct. I manage a ISP and their is now way UUnet will talk to you.
Edge100x wrote:The only way I know of that can be fixed is the way I list in the post =\.

What Shaw told you is BS, though. UUnet will not allow you to contact them directly about problems with their bandwidth; Shaw has to do it for you.
The best thing you can do is to get trace routes showing the problem. When you call Shaw ask to talk to a tier 2 tech or a manager if possible. Tell them you use their service to access your servers and you are having problems. Get his email address and send the tracerouts to him not to support. Large companys let normal techs do support mail and many of them would no know how to read a trace route.

Good luck
Bratna
http://www.cs-city.com
cstrike.cs-city.com