Lag?

News for the main page
Edge100x
Founder
Founder
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Lag?

Post by Edge100x »

I was noticing that CPU usage tonight on at least one of the machines was much higher than normal, as was bandwidth in general (both reached record levels). Apparently NFo servers are getting more popular, which is great! However, higher CPU usage usually leads to more significant amounts of lag. You may have noticed the pings on your server being a bit higher than normal today, or some occasional spikes.

We're ordering another machine (a dual Athlon MP 2100+ system) to supplement the equipment we currently have at InterNAP. With the added flexibility of this additional hardware, we will be able to more easily move servers to machines where they will experience the least lag (note that such changes require no intervention on your part, and nothing about your server will change).

In the meantime, we will utilize our current hardware at InterNAP to redeploy servers there into a more optimal configuration. Expect your lag to be less in the future, if it was abnormally high today.
To'mas
Founder
Founder

Post by To'mas »

8O so, I'm guessing that we have this space all to ourselves. But, I still like it. It's very informative for me as well. thanks
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

Well as a coordinator, you can post news; everyone else can only reply ;)
To'mas
Founder
Founder

Post by To'mas »