1000 fps servers?

News for the main page
Edge100x
Founder
Founder
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Post by Edge100x »

Soon, soon ;).

This week, we're doing LA, Chicago, Dallas, and possibly one other location.
IcEWoLF
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by IcEWoLF »

San Jose :)
Flying-Squirrel
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Flying-Squirrel »

I just ordered a 500fps server in Seattle (premium) from you with cpu preference or whatever you call it. Any idea what kind of performance increase would be expected in what I have now upgrading to a 1000fps?

Thanks for the input. I had a supposed 1000fps server from Stealth Servers and it felt like crap. Everyone that came in and played there complained about our "k-mart server".

I am very very happy with the low ping, no loss, no choke, good registry of the current 500fps server with you right now but I am always lookin for the next step up :)

Perhaps thats why I bought one of the 8800gtx vidcards for my home computer the first day they were released to power games on my 30" dell monitor rofl.

Anyway thanks for any info you can give.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

Some people say that the 1000 fps servers run a bit smoother. Theoretically, having a server that checks for updates 1000 times a second instead of 500 could reduce everyone's latencies by up to 1ms, which may be noticable to the most hardcore player; running at 1000 fps may also result in a more stable FPS and fewer FPS dips into the <500fps range since in each tick the server has a little less work to do and it behaves more predictably (FPS dips are the primary cause of "registry" complaints, in our estimation). Our 1000 fps servers also use FreeBSD and a kernel with custom-programmed low-latency modifications that may give it a slight edge over others.

But, if you're not seeing any problems with your hyperaccelerated server right now, I'd say stick with that :). And if you do start to see any problems, please let us know ASAP, so we can check them out. We want all of our servers to perform as well as they possibly can.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

I'll probably also summarize the benefits of ultraaccelerated servers and how ours differ from competitor offerings in a forums post or FAQ page at some point. We have spent a considerable amount of time tweaking our 1000 FPS servers to maximize their performance and we are very proud of how it all turned out.
1eight7
New to forums
New to forums

Post by 1eight7 »

Since there probably wont be a 1000fps in DC, How's it looking for Atlanta? Some of my team members are bugging me about the NY pings because they live in Florida :D
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

We're working out a couple of FreeBSD bugs that have led to crashing behavior and we've put a hold on additional machine rollouts in the meantime. Atlanta will likely be the next location where we will put an ultraccelerated machine.
Flying-Squirrel
New to forums
New to forums

Can someone who has the 1000 fps boosted server reply to this with their take on how it compares with the 500? I am thinking of upgrading but would like to hear someone's view on it before i toss out another $25 a month
IcEWoLF
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by IcEWoLF »

I was one of the first testers for NFo 1000fps.
I like it..i myself have a 500fps server..its not a huge difference..so i decided not to upgrade.
Many people feel this upgrade will help them..and some don't.

FS let me know if you have anymore questions.

John, when is 1000fps coming to SJ?
Flying-Squirrel
New to forums
New to forums

Does it lower pings much? If so, by how much on average?
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

IcEWoLF, like I said it depends on when we get the bugs worked out (we think we have them pegged down and are doing some further testing). SJ would come after Atlanta.