Call of Duty: World at War beta servers

News for the main page
Edge100x
Founder
Founder
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Call of Duty: World at War beta servers

Post by Edge100x »

The beta has been released (at http://www.callofduty.com) and we have loaded up a large number of test servers and officially added CoD:WaW beta to our order page, at a fire sale price of around $1.99 per slot -- over 20% off the cost of a CoD4 server. This price is for a limited time only, so act fast!

All beta servers will be upgradeable to the full version when it is released on November 11.
Mamba
New to forums
New to forums

Re: Call of Duty: World at War beta servers

Post by Mamba »

Now that the beta has ended, what's the timeline for the full version (patched of course, now that the patch just released ;)?

And are there any discounts for multiple game rentals? Not sure how soon we want to move exclusively to WW from 4. Some hosts offer game-switching via panel but I don't think that's an option here.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

We allow switching of gametypes but it must be done through our order page at https://www.nfoservers.com/order.php (it's a fairly simple process). This is necessary because different games have different prices, based on our actual costs, which is not true at many lower-end hosts.

We'll have the full game today as soon as it is delivered and will automatically upgrade beta servers when it is rolled out.
Mamba
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Mamba »

>We allow switching of gametypes

Please clarify...I was talking about having COD4 and COD:WW hosted on the same account (and possibly the same IP) for one price and being able to easily switch between without losing any configuration for either. Used to do similar via Cpanel at other hosts. Are we on the same page here?
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

The only way of switching game types is the method that I described. This method will not preserve your files. On-the-fly game switching is, as I mentioned, not as appropriate to us as it is to other hosts because different game types have different prices attached to them. It's also a rarely requested feature and would require significant new development on our side, so I have not worked on it yet.

I should specify (for others who read this thread) that the mod run by a Q3-based server (such as CoD2, CoD4, and CoD:WaW), by contrast, can be changed through our regular control panel on the fly.
Mamba
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Mamba »

NP...thanks for the clarification. Usually appreciate that feature when the next version releases, to switch back/forth until the new version matures.

>by contrast, can be changed through our regular control panel on the fly.

Yes, I do that here with a couple COD4 mods.