Extreme accelerator (beta)

News for the main page
Edge100x
Founder
Founder
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Extreme accelerator (beta)

Post by Edge100x »

We have now added a beta option called the "Extreme accelerator" to our order page that further allows Source and Orangebox-based servers to run at up to 10,000 FPS. This setting is made possible by exclusive code changes that we have made to the Linux kernel.

For the same reasons that 2000 FPS servers are theoretically better than 500 FPS servers (more accurate timestamps, less work to do in each frame, and smaller sleep quantums), 10k FPS servers are theoretically better than 2000 FPS ones. We initially did not think that the human mind could see a difference, but in our testing, some players did say they saw an improvement.

This feature is said to be in beta because we are still evaluating whether it meets expectations and is worth the extra cost to both us and our customers. If you rent an extreme accelerated server, we would greatly appreciate any feedback you can provide us on it.
IcEWoLF
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Re: Extreme accelerator (beta)

Post by IcEWoLF »

John, I was wondering if you had any servers right now that are running at 10,000 fps that is setup and ready to test.
I am surely not looking for my large server to run 10,000 fps :P, but one of the smaller servers might be a nice option.

Thanks,
IcEWoLF
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Re: Extreme accelerator (beta)

Post by Edge100x »

We don't have any community/self-run servers at 10,000 FPS right now, but one customer server that's currently running at 10,000 FPS is chs.nuclearfallout.net:27015 (it's a CS:S server in Chicago).