Battlefield 3 preorders now available!

News for the main page
Edge100x
Founder
Founder
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Battlefield 3 preorders now available!

Post by Edge100x »

We've now opened up our order page for BF3 server preorders. Though everything we've seen points to BF3 using more resources than most other games that we offer, we have started it with a low preorder price that matches our standard price for other titles. (With a BF3 preorder, a payment is made immediately, and the game server is brought online as soon as we are allowed to do so, which should be the day of release for BF3. The free website and free Murmur server will be brought up right away.)

As our Bad Company 2 customers have seen, we offer the absolute highest-performing, most stable servers for Battlefield games (guaranteed). With the new high-end machine rollouts that we're making for BF3, we are confident that nobody will be able to touch us for this new game, either!
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Re: Battlefield 3 preorders now available

Post by Edge100x »

Managed VDS and dedicated server customers will also be able to create BF3 servers after the game is released. However, customers will need to prepay a small amount per BF3 player slot they wish to run (much less than the standard rental fee). This is due to a unique requirement of BF3 that does not relate to the resource requirements of the game.
TimSad
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Re: Battlefield 3 preorders now available!

Post by TimSad »

Yay! I believe I have just successfully pre-ordered a 64 slot BF3 server from you guys! Thanks! :D
RadicalMode
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Re: Battlefield 3 preorders now available

Post by RadicalMode »

Edge100x wrote:Managed VDS and dedicated server customers will also be able to create BF3 servers after the game is released. However, customers will need to prepay a small amount per BF3 player slot they wish to run (much less than the standard rental fee). This is due to a unique requirement of BF3 that does not relate to the resource requirements of the game.
I'm planning to have 7 BF3 servers with 64 slots each one on my dedi server.

So, I need to pay a monthly amount for 448 slots (7*64), is that correct?
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

RadicalMode, yes, it would be that slot count times the amount per slot, added to your monthly dedicated server fee.
RadicalMode
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by RadicalMode »

Wow... hopefully this will be a very small fee, because a dedi server is very expensive.

It's hard to get enough donations to keep a dedi server running.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

I really wish that we didn't need to have it at all.
gunpiranha
New to forums
New to forums

Post by gunpiranha »

Wow, that's to bad we were looking at picking up a dedicated box but now if we have to pay extra fee's its not looking like it would be worth it for us, hard enough getting people to donate :(
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

A dedicated machine should still be the best deal for a large number of servers, and you can always work up to it by starting off with servers purchased the normal way.
guapoloko
New to forums
New to forums

Post by guapoloko »

This fee is paid only once to raise it to the server or monthly?
What is the value of this rate?
Why the charge this fee?
I hope to review this charge, since the costs are already quite high for any clan ...
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Post by kraze »

This fee is due to a unique requirement of BF3 that does not relate to the resource requirements of the game. The fee is extremely low and will be based on slot count. This fee also only applies to VDS/dedicated server customers.
GitSum
Compulsive poster
Compulsive poster

Post by GitSum »

I do not see this "per slot fee" for VDS and Dedicated servers listed anywhere - HOW MUCH IS IT?

My second question relates to gaming performance. It is my understanding that in terms of performance, the traditional pay by the slot server will be the fastest?

1) Traditional pay by the slot game server (guaranteed to be the fastest available?)
2) Traditional Dedicated Server (bare hardware)
3) Managed Virtual Dedicated Server (VDS)
4) Unmanaged Virtual Dedicated Server (VDS)[/url]

http://www.nfoservers.com/forums/viewto ... =47&t=4077
http://www.nfoservers.com/forums/viewto ... =48&t=3706
http://www.nfoservers.com/forums/viewto ... =51&t=4559
http://www.nfoservers.com/forums/viewto ... =47&t=4534
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

GitSum wrote:I do not see this "per slot fee" for VDS and Dedicated servers listed anywhere - HOW MUCH IS IT?
We haven't released the number yet. We are waiting for some more information from EA before we do.
My second question relates to gaming performance. It is my understanding that in terms of performance, the traditional pay by the slot server will be the fastest?
Our guarantee is that the traditional pay by the slot server will meet or exceed the performance of the other options, that is correct. With a managed dedicated E3-1270 machine, you should have equivalent performance to the standard slotted server, if you keep aggregate CPU usage below about 40%.
GitSum
Compulsive poster
Compulsive poster

Post by GitSum »

Thanks for the quick reply.

We are still weighing our options and waiting for the slot fee for the dedicated machines.

Any chance NFO is hosting a Beta Server and would you be able to release some CPU usage numbers?
TimeX
Staff
Staff

Post by TimeX »

The beta hasn't started yet, so we are waiting to see those numbers ourselves. All that is known at this point is that it uses more than BFBC2 does.