Battlefield 3 preorders now available!

News for the main page
guapoloko
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Re: Battlefield 3 preorders now available!

Post by guapoloko »

That requirement is only that this is BF3? What will be the value $ 0.10 per slot ...?
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Post by kraze »

Yes it is only a requirement for BF3 servers.

"We haven't released the number yet. We are waiting for some more information from EA before we do."

As John said above, we are waiting for more information from EA before we release a specific number.
guapoloko
New to forums
New to forums

Post by guapoloko »

Yes I know it's a requirement, but what is this requirement??
That is, is this requirement that makes it charged slot dedicated and VDS?
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Post by kraze »

In John's original post he said this;

"Managed VDS and dedicated server customers will also be able to create BF3 servers after the game is released. However, customers will need to prepay a small amount per BF3 player slot they wish to run (much less than the standard rental fee). This is due to a unique requirement of BF3 that does not relate to the resource requirements of the game."

That seems to be the best way to explain it at the current moment.
marrr
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by marrr »

Why is EA forcing this extra fee on people who rent dedicated servers?
TimeX
Staff
Staff

Post by TimeX »

I haven't seen anywhere that EA is forcing this. Did you find something that says otherwise?
guapoloko
New to forums
New to forums

Post by guapoloko »

This has to do but eat EA, because EA should be charging for leased slot ... and not leave ... or both ...
gunpiranha
New to forums
New to forums

Post by gunpiranha »

TimeX wrote:I haven't seen anywhere that EA is forcing this. Did you find something that says otherwise?
I havn't seen anything from ea, but i have seen it coming from more then one gsp, for what i've found out so far it would cost about 25$ a month extra for 1 64 man server. However as of right now that price is pure speculation until we get some more facts, but that is what one company is reporting to charge onto of the dedicated server box fee
P0k3r_OF_Sm0t
New to forums
New to forums

Post by P0k3r_OF_Sm0t »

So is this going to be a 1 time fee or a monthly fee?
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Post by kraze »

This would be a monthly fee.
marrr
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by marrr »

gunpiranha wrote:
TimeX wrote:I haven't seen anywhere that EA is forcing this. Did you find something that says otherwise?
I havn't seen anything from ea, but i have seen it coming from more then one gsp, for what i've found out so far it would cost about 25$ a month extra for 1 64 man server. However as of right now that price is pure speculation until we get some more facts, but that is what one company is reporting to charge onto of the dedicated server box fee
$25 per 64 player server?
RadicalMode
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by RadicalMode »

Hostestly, EA found a way to kill the dedicated servers to push all dedi server customers to rent per slot.
gunpiranha
New to forums
New to forums

Post by gunpiranha »

gunpiranha wrote:
yes it would be 25$ per 64 man server on a dedicated box, weather the actual price is higher or lower no one knows for sure, im just going off of what another gsp said they were charging

And am i breaking any rules i don't know about by talking about other gsp prices?
marrr
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by marrr »

RadicalMode wrote:Hostestly, EA found a way to kill the dedicated servers to push all dedi server customers to rent per slot.
Yea, talk about BS...
gunpiranha wrote:
gunpiranha wrote:
yes it would be 25$ per 64 man server on a dedicated box, weather the actual price is higher or lower no one knows for sure, im just going off of what another gsp said they were charging

And am i breaking any rules i don't know about by talking about other gsp prices?
Wow, that is crazy... Did they tell you why EA is forcing this fee?
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

Guys, please don't speculate too wildly here, because rumors have a tendency to get out of control, and we don't want potentially incorrect information to be broadcast through our forum.

We're not going to be able to provide more information for a little while.