BF3 servers created

News for the main page
Edge100x
Founder
Founder
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

BF3 servers created

Post by Edge100x »

We've created all preordered BF3 servers now, and switched our order page over to creating BF3 servers directly instead of going with a preorder.

Some facts about BF3 that are coming up a lot:

* Managed dedicated servers and VDSes that aren't running Windows 2008+ can't run BF3. If you have a Windows 2003 VDS, you can upgrade to Windows 2008 via the tool on your "Server control" page, unless you run servers of types whose files we had to load specially for you. If you have a Windows 2003 dedicated server, you'll have to contact us about finding time later in the week to manually re-image or replace the hard drive; the operation is free, but we have to fit you in.
* Only Conquest64 mode currently seems to support 64 players. If you have other modes in your cycle, your server will kick players to get down to the number of players they support.
* Unlike BC2, BF3 does not currently support sending messages directly to individual players, reserved slots, !yell, or player muting. It does not have a "hardcore" setting, but you can simulate it by adjusting the individual settings on your "Easy setup" page.
* The game does have bugs. For instance, we've seen some server crashes, and player limits can be wonky. Blaze (the EA back-end) has also crashed once tonight, kicking all players. You'll have to bear with us on these, as we forward the crash reports to DICE to sort through.

We're completely inundated with customers asking a lot of the same questions right now, so please give us a little extra time to answer your support requests.
Hornsby
New to forums
New to forums

Re: BF3 servers created

Post by Hornsby »

Thank you for keeping us all updated. I have experienced a few of these issues, but they have been quickly resolved by support staff. Despite the high load of support tickets you all have been working extremely hard to get everything taken care of. Couldn't be happier with my experience so far!
.=QUACK=.Major.Pain
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by .=QUACK=.Major.Pain »

Must be all hands on deck tonight.

Great job guys.

Living up to your reputation as always.
Visit gspreviews.com And Rate & Review Your Old & Current GSP's
Find Your GSP Coupons at gspreviews.com/coupons/
disconnect
A regular
A regular

Post by disconnect »

I preordered mine, but it wasn't created. Is it possible I slipped through the cracks some how? Would really like to have my server online...
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

disconnect, if you open a support request, we can look into that for you.
AciDPuke
A regular
A regular

Post by AciDPuke »

With changing OS on a managed VDS from 2003 to 2008 how do we keep from
losing our current game servers and IPs, it still say's all managed games servers will be erased
untamed316
Compulsive poster
Compulsive poster

Post by untamed316 »

Look at the box a underneath that one that should say:
If you wish to switch your managed OS from Win2k3 to Win2k8 R2, use this checkbox and submission button. Server IP addresses and files will be retained by this adjustment. There will be a downtime dependent on the size of your servers, possibly up to a few hours, as your game server files are copied to another machine and then back.

We do not recommend switching to Win2k8 R2 unless you plan to run BF3 servers on your VDS. There are no notable advantages to running Win2k8 R2 otherwise.

I would like to switch my managed VDS to Windows 2008 R2 now
I didn't notice it before yesterday when John brought it to my attention while responding to a support ticket of mine :)
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

AciDPuke, if you have unusual server types on the VDS -- ones that don't have files in the list that the system would be able to install for you -- you won't see that. Contact us and we can try to do it manually.
AciDPuke
A regular
A regular

Post by AciDPuke »

John thanks for the fast response getting my OS switched over... you guys are awesome