New sale on game servers!

News for the main page
Edge100x
Founder
Founder
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

New sale on game servers!

Post by Edge100x »

We've now started a new sale on nearly all our game server types, dropping prices by 20-30% for most games!

This sale covers both new and existing servers, meaning that this is a great time to add a new server or to upgrade an existing one, and lock in the savings for life. (Customers retain the same low price for as long as they keep a package in the same configuration.)

To take advantage of the sale, simply use our game server order page -- it already reflects the reduced pricing.
.=QUACK=.Major.Pain
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Re: New sale on game servers!

Post by .=QUACK=.Major.Pain »

I would assume that from what was said in the forum, that a game server performs much better than the same game on a VDS.

With that, could a current customer change from a VDS BF3 server to a BF3 game server now that a game server is cheaper than going the VDS route?

Note that we are currently paid up till Apr. 24 with the VDS setup.

Considering making the change since the VDS seems to be very laggy, hoping to see improvement in the game server route.
Visit gspreviews.com And Rate & Review Your Old & Current GSP's
Find Your GSP Coupons at gspreviews.com/coupons/
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

While standard game servers can perform better in certain circumstances, such as for very large BF3 servers (which is why we list 48 slots as the most for VDSes), in most cases, they'll perform the same. We also actually have much better tools for dealing with DDoS attacks on VDSes, which tips the scale for customers who see many of these.

I mentioned that you specifically should open a support request so that I can check out your setup, Pain, as you mentioned running into problems with essentially empty servers. I haven't seen that yet. When I do, I'll talk with you about your routing and about potentially moving you to a new machine if you strongly think that your specific performance problem is on our side. We have tons of customers with BF3 servers on VDSes that do extremely well.
.=QUACK=.Major.Pain
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

I was considering the price as well, since it saves us about $44 over 3 months.
Donations aren't as they used to be, but paying for things lately has been ok.

I had thought it was mentioned the game servers perform better than VDS since they are on the best machines.
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Post by kraze »

.=QUACK=.Major.Pain wrote:
I had thought it was mentioned the game servers perform better than VDS since they are on the best machines.
It truly depends on many factors, in some customers cases a VDS will offer them more bang for there buck and more control resulting in better performance. In other cases a regular shared game server where you do not necessarily need to worry about CPU speed or ram can be better for them.
@Kraze^NFo> Juski has a very valid point
@Juski> Got my new signature, thanks!
@Kraze^NFo> Out of context!
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
@Juski> You said I had a valid point! You can't take it back now! It's out there!
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

If you have multiple servers, a VDS is usually the most economical choice. If you only have one, that might not be the case.

Per http://www.nfoservers.com/forums/viewto ... =51&t=4564, we don't really support moving servers to and from managed machines right now. It's unfortunately a manual process that's fraught with complications.
.=QUACK=.Major.Pain
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

ok - So I would be best to stick with what I have till Apr. and then decide to drop it and go with the better priced game server if money becomes an issue.

We only have the one 32 server for now, but I know the guys have been talking about more slots, but that means going to 48 with what we have + more money, or 64 which requires upgrade and more money.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

VDSes might have a sale later on, too. I don't know if it will be by April, but prices in general tend to trend down over time, so keep on the lookout.
FSUNOLE
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by FSUNOLE »

I can't see of upgrading from a BF3 32 slot server @ 1.19 to a 64 slot server @ 1.30. Or am I missing something.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

If you already have a lower price (such as if you received a 20% off discount for switching from another provider), then this sale may not be better for you. Definitely check and see.
Colt
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Colt »

What about when i renewed my subscription for our 64 man ? I didnt see any discount.
Vanderburg
Former staff
Former staff

Post by Vanderburg »

It won't be just when you renew the subscription. You'll have to go to the order page and submit a change order. You can leave everything as it is now, as long as there is a change in price, it'll tell you and go into affect on your next billing cycle.
Colt
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Colt »

Vanderburg wrote:It won't be just when you renew the subscription. You'll have to go to the order page and submit a change order. You can leave everything as it is now, as long as there is a change in price, it'll tell you and go into affect on your next billing cycle.
That is NOT customer focused. You guys know its a pain to order a change to the server. If the price goes down, lower everyones prices. This hurts and disappoints your renewing customers like me.
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Post by kraze »

Colt wrote:
Vanderburg wrote:It won't be just when you renew the subscription. You'll have to go to the order page and submit a change order. You can leave everything as it is now, as long as there is a change in price, it'll tell you and go into affect on your next billing cycle.
That is NOT customer focused. You guys know its a pain to order a change to the server. If the price goes down, lower everyones prices. This hurts and disappoints your renewing customers like me.

It is a pretty simply process, If you need some help open a support request asking for instructions on how to do a change order. We will be glad to provide you with some help.
@Kraze^NFo> Juski has a very valid point
@Juski> Got my new signature, thanks!
@Kraze^NFo> Out of context!
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
@Juski> You said I had a valid point! You can't take it back now! It's out there!
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

It's actually very easy to adjust a server through the order page, as it takes just a few minutes for a customer to perform the steps. We provide KB articles on how to do it and can help you out with the process if you have any questions about it; we answer support requests within minutes.

There's no easy way for us to lower the prices for all existing customers when running a sale like this, because each customer has their own package options and pricing, depending on when they subscribed.

We make public announcements of sales and price drops so that all customers will know that they should take a look and see if a sale will help them.