Start-of-summer sale on game servers and VDSes!

News for the main page
Edge100x
Founder
Founder
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Start-of-summer sale on game servers and VDSes!

Post by Edge100x »

We're running a new sale that drops the prices of VDSes and most types of game servers, by as much as 20%. If you've been on the fence about ordering a new server or upgrading an old one, now's the time to do it! :)
IcEWoLF
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Re: Start-of-summer sale on game servers and VDSes!

Post by IcEWoLF »

Holy crap?

You keep surprising me!

The nice thing about NFo is, this deals are not only for new customers but for current customers too..

Not many companies take care of old customers like NFo does.

Keep up the great work John!
untamed316
Compulsive poster
Compulsive poster

Post by untamed316 »

Excellent. Every penny counts these days!
Elochai
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Elochai »

untamed316 wrote:Excellent. Every penny counts these days!
Very much so, I been cut back in hours at work now for some time and it seems like i'm never going to see full time again because the store not making close to what it made last year.

Funny how logic goes, people are spending less because they can't afford to spend more. Because they are spending less, stores are now making less. Because stores are making less, they pay less, which casuses this issue to go into a loop.

Wish a programming or networking job would open up in this town for me. It to much of a pain to move again, and much harder when it not just you, that ya got to move.

Anyway on to the matter at hand, what VDS's have changed in price. I was planning to upgrade to the 4 core but due to price I stayed with my 3 core as I couldn't justify the extra cost given my tighten income.
Scott AKA Elochai

Let the Clips Fall Down!
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

All VDSes but the single-core model have gone down in price. The 4-core went down by $10, for instance.
Elochai
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Elochai »

ok, and that would mean the 3 core went down $7.5 ?

As much as it still a bit over my budget, I think I'm going to go for the 4 core as it still a very good deal and the extra core and ram should help my current issues. Well at least I hope it will. Still unsure if my CPU will get better or not as I have not been able to pin point if L4D2 is using a full core or not.
Scott AKA Elochai

Let the Clips Fall Down!
LucasG
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by LucasG »

You guys either need to switch to XenForo or find a "Like" plugin cause I'm feeling powerless without being able to like all threads/posts that deserve to be liked! :(
yashirotcm
New to forums
New to forums

Post by yashirotcm »

Btw, how long will these new prices remain? or are these the final princes?

Thanks 8)
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

We'd like to keep the prices, if we can afford them. We're still sort of deciding if it'll be possible.
wolfn00b
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by wolfn00b »

$20 for a server is a great deal and should get you more customers, as long as their games will run on a single core on linux. Also it helps server admins justify the price of maintaining their game servers in these tight times when players and clan members don't donate as much.

I have a friend who runs a small dedicated hosting provider, and we've talked about your prices in comparison to what he provides, and he is not happy that your prices are so low. Whenever he tries to raise the price on the server he hosts for me, I can say "hey I can get the same thing for $20 at nfo". So he cannot raise prices because of your prices.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

It could be tougher for your friend if he is a reseller, as he'll have less control over the pricing (because he has to pay someone else a fixed amount for the same thing). We own all our own hardware here, so we have more flexibility.

The trend is mostly downward when it comes to prices for hosting, so price hikes should rarely be needed :)