Something sad I just saw

News for the main page
Edge100x
Founder
Founder
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Something sad I just saw

Post by Edge100x »

I was just looking at another major server provider's forums, and I was surprised to see a post made by a staff member there. It included the following:

"..you should contact us when you notice your server is down. Sometimes there is a reason why we take it down, other times it just crashes. So, no refund will be given for the down time."

This was in response to someone asking why his server had been down for over a week without being contacted about it (the staff member said why it was shut down in his reply: the server was using too much CPU!). I was astounded that anyone would say such a thing -- sometimes this company takes down a client's server without telling him/her, and then doesn't give any compensation for it?! That's absurd to me.

Here, we place a high priority on keeping people informed and making sure they understand and agree to anything that we might be doing to their servers. We also generally give compensation for downtime caused by us (when Verio was down for a day, we gave everyone two free weeks, for instance).

Just a quick rant ;)

(Incidentally, this other company also charges more than we do for servers, and for the webhosting we give for free, they would charge over $85 a month for)
DjMonGooSe
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by DjMonGooSe »

$85 a month for just the website? can get a better site than what you give for $7 a month, but you can't beat free :D
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

Hehe, yep, free rocks :)
-aWo- Juggernaut
New to forums
New to forums

amazing

Post by -aWo- Juggernaut »

who in their right mind would want to pay 85 dollars for webspace?? I don't care if they give you 10 gig's of space. Oh well... I am just glad I know a thing or two about cyberspace!
MCP87
A regular
A regular

Post by MCP87 »

OUCH!!!!!!!!!!! How was that guy paying for his server i wonder dang :D

Ya free is good :lol:
MaddogJedi
New to forums
New to forums

Post by MaddogJedi »

Nuclear Fallout r0x0rz. Hey link me to that other site! I could use some referal action!! :twisted:

MJ